When buying a refurbished phone, it's essential to understand the guarantees and returns policies that come with these devices to avoid any unpleasant surprises.
What is a refurbished phone?
A refurbished phone is a device that has been previously used, then returned to the manufacturer or a reseller for various reasons, such as hardware problems or upgrades, or simply the purchase of a newer device. These phones are then repaired, cleaned and tested to ensure that they work properly. Once this process is complete, they are offered for sale at a lower price than new phones.
✅ The warranty for refurbished phones
The warranty is one of the most important aspects to consider when buying a refurbished phone. It varies from one manufacturer to another and from one retailer to another, so it's essential to read the terms and conditions carefully before making a purchase.
Here at Molano, we'd like to tell you about our policy.
- Limited warranty: All our second-hand and reconditioned appliances come with a limited warranty. This warranty covers manufacturing defects, but does not cover accidental damage or problems caused by incorrect use.
- Length of guarantee: The length of the guarantee also varies. At Molano, we give you the option of choosing the length that best suits your needs. The first 7 days after receipt are included, but you can increase this to 6 months or 1 year. Make sure you know the length of the guarantee before you buy.
- Transferability of the warranty: Ask about the possibility of transferring the warranty if you resell the phone. At Molano, your customers are under warranty just like you.
🔄 Returns policy for reconditioned phones:
As well as the warranty, it's also essential to understand the returns policy when you buy a refurbished phone. Here are a few points to bear in mind about Molano:
- Condition of the phone: Make sure you return the phone in the same condition as when you received it. We may refuse the return if the phone shows signs of misuse.
- Return costs: Find out about return shipping costs. Some customers will pay more or less for returns depending on the return location, the carrier they wish to work with, the size of the package to be returned...etc. A lot of factors come into play, and it's a good idea to check this information.
- Returns process: Knowing the returns procedure is essential. Make sure you follow the retailer's instructions to avoid delays or problems when returning your phone. With us, you will first need to declare the problem, from there we will email you an RMA file for you to complete. Once this has been revised and accepted, you can contact your carrier to send your parcel.